PrairieCat is the online automated catalog for 126 libraries across northern Illinois. It makes more than 4 million items available to our library patrons.
Patrons can use this system to search for books, audio books, large print, DVD’s, etc. at Odell. In addition, PrairieCat allows an easy way to request from another library if the book is not available at Odell. All materials can be picked up and dropped off at Odell.
What you can do with your PrairieCat account:
- Search for materials according to format-book, audio book on CD, large print, DVD, etc.
- View the items you have currently checked out and their due dates
- View money owed for fines and make an online payment
- View items you have on hold and see if they are available for pickup
- Record which titles you have checked out and returned (must opt in for this feature-it is not automatic)
- Edit your account-add an alternate ID, change your email or phone number and opt into text alerts for notifications
Access PrairieCat at http://search.prairiecat.info
Our librarians will be happy to help you set up your account and help you navigate the system or you can click here to learn more about how to use this online catalog.